Thursday, March 20, 2008

10 Tools to help you select a Web 2.0 Color Palette

Well, another day and another entry in our Bookmark Bliss series here at Bookmark Bliss. I’ll be the first to admit that when it comes to designing any interface my biggest roadblock has to be deciding on a color scheme. Whether it be a standalone application or a new web layout, I could come up with the best interface design but no one would care if the color scheme is an assault on the senses.

Lucky for me, there are a lot of helpful tools that can turn color coordination nightmares into a dream come true :) If you’re in the same boat as I am, have a look at some of these sites I unearthed from my bookmarks:

ColourLovers

EasyRGB

ColorBlender

ColorJack

Steel Dolphin Color Scheme Tool

DeGraeve.com Color Palette from Image Generator

Color Schemer

Kuler

Daily Color Scheme

Colr.org

The list is not too long, but really, how many different color resources do you need? My personal favorites are ColourLovers, EasyRGB, and Kuler. I really like the sites that allow people to submit their own color schemes and put together really comprehensive sets that include 5-10 different matching colors. These type of sites make it really easy to quickly choose one you like and incorporate it into your design immediately.

Have you found this list useful? If so, show your support by subscribing to our news feed. We’ve posted several other entries in our Bookmark Bliss series that you might find interesting as well…

  1. Bookmark Bliss: 50 Sources for Web Design Inspiration
  2. Bookmark Bliss: The Developer Cheat Sheet Compilation
  3. Bookmark Bliss: 30 Web Developer Community Forums
  4. Bookmark Bliss: 101+ Stock Image Resources

4 comments:

tenshare said...

Your post is based on informational stuff. This is very useful to me and I think your post is also useful to the world. Keep working hard if you want to advance in the future. Thanks again for the great publication.Tenorshare ReiBoot Pro Crack

Malik said...

I am really enjoying while reading your blog post. I want to thank you so much for publishing. keep doing a great work. Keep it up and also give us some more informative posts. Thanks for the great post. Cheers!
Free Softwares

max crack said...

I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
linkstash

mac hessy said...


Awesome information. I am very thankful for your blog. It's very helpful for me. I have been researching for a long time, but I don't get information today. Read the complete blog. A few days, I read this kind of information on another site, and I got too much information about this. So, I prefer to all if you need any kind of information than Click Here Thanks